Saturday, December 6, 2008

Baby Owen is finally here!!







So on Thursday Nov 20 at 7:24 pm Owen Christian Raab was born. He was 8 lbs and 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. I was brought into the hospital that morning at 7:30 and was induced into labor. After 11 hours and the baby doing nothing the Dr decided I needed to have a C section. This was very scary for me since I have never had surgery. Thank heavens Erich was by my side. When the baby came out they let Erich go and watch them clean him up. When they were stitching me up I started getting the shakes from the morphine and started getting very nauseated. That was not fun since I had the shakes for the next 3 or 4 hours then started throwing up. So needless to say the first night was very rough. But my favorite part was after the surgery when they brought Owen to me his eyes were wide open and we were just staring at each other. He is such a sweet baby and I'm excited to see him grow and get to know his personality. Plus he is such a cute thing and has the cutest face. All the nurses at the hospital were tell me how cute he was. The only problem he has is that he has his days and nights mixed up and we are working on that. Erich is a very proud dad and wants to help as much as he can. He even wants to change almost all of the dirty diapers. Thanks to all my family and friends for their support.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome baby Owen!! I am also very excited to watch your little guy grow and become a sassy little boy! I hope he figures out the day and night thing soon for you!! Love you guys!

Megan Hauze said...

Congrats! Owen is SOOOO cute. Yeah for starting a blog! This is my only life line to the outside world. Hope you don't mind but I am going to totally blog stalk you!
Good luck with all things baby!

bottspot said...

He is SOOOOOOO cute! Congrats! I'm sorry your delivery was so bad. Good luck with the day/night conversion. Thats always fun. Love ya!

bobbi said...

I am so glad that I already got to see him. Now we need to get together again so I can actually hold him! He's a cutie, CONGRATS!